Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 16 ounces Oven Roasted Chicken Breast, cut into ¼ inch strips, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium onion, about 1 cup chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 14.5 ounce canned diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 ounce can corn, drained
Crispy Chicken strips, crushed tortilla chips, sliced avocado, sour cream, queso fresco, green onion, cilantro and fresh limes
- In a large stockpot over medium heat melt 1 tablespoon butter, add onion and garlic; sauté until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes, chili powder, and cumin, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in black beans, corn, half of the chicken. Simmer for 10 minutes till heated through.
- Ladle soup into individual serving bowls, and garnish with crispy chicken strips and other desired toppings.
- To make Crispy Chicken Strips: In a large nonstick sauté pan melt butter over medium heat. Add chicken strips and cook stirring occasionally until golden and crispy about 10-15 minutes.
Chicken Cheese Soup
- 16 ounces Oven Roasted Chicken Breast, cut into strips, divided
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 stalk celery, diced about ¼ cup
- 1 medium onion, diced about 1 cup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 4 cups broccoli frozen, diced
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- 1 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add 1 cup of the chicken strips, cook stirring occasionally until golden and crispy about 10-15 minutes. Remove from pan and reserve.
- In the same pan, melt remaining 4 tablespoons of butter. Add celery and onion cooking until tender (7-8 minutes). Add the garlic and cook another 30 seconds.
- Pour in the broth slowly, stirring constantly until smooth, bring to a boil then reduce heat to low. Add the cream and simmer for about 20 minutes until thickened.
- Add the broccoli, carrots and remaining uncooked chicken strips. Simmer for 7-8 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat and stir in the 2 cups shredded cheese until melted and smooth. Add salt and pepper to season to your desired taste.
- Serve soup with reserved crispy chicken strips, additional shredded cheese and toasted bread if desired.
Potato & Ham Chowder
- 8 ounces Virginia Brand Smoked Uncured Ham, diced
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, diced about 1 cup
- 2 medium carrots, diced about 1 cup
- 2 medium celery stalks, diced about ½ cup
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup good quality chicken broth
- 2 medium russet potatoes, peeled and diced, about 1 ½ cups
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons fresh snipped chives
- In a large stockpot melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and onion, and cook, stirring frequently, until onions have become slightly translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add carrots and celery stir and continue to cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add flour and stir to combine until vegetables are well coated.
- Add milk, chicken broth and potatoes, bring to a boil stirring occasionally, reduce heat to simmer 15-20 minutes till potatoes are tender.
- Stir in corn and ham, season with salt and pepper, heat until warmed through and adjust seasoning if necessary. If the chowder is too thick, add more milk or broth as needed until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately, garnish with fresh snipped or chives if desired.
BBQ Beef Boats
- 4, 6-inch sweet potatoes, cleaned
BBQ Beef Filling
- 16 ounces Angus Seasoned Roast Beef, sliced into strips
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1 cup finely chopped broccoli
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- ¾ cup BBQ sauce
- Optional garnish: Chopped green onion, sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Arrange sweet potatoes in a baking dish and place on the center rack of the oven. Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until you can easily pierce the sweet potatoes with a fork.
- While potatoes are cooking prepare the BBQ beef filling.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in red onion and cook for 3 minutes, or until translucent.
- Stir in broccoli and corn and cook for 3 minutes, or until corn is warm and broccoli turns bright green. Add sliced beef to the vegetable mixture in the skillet. Stir in BBQ sauce and cook on low for 3 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat and set aside until the sweet potatoes are cooked.
- Remove baked sweet potatoes from the oven and use a fork to mash the sweet potatoes as needed to create space for the filling. Divide the filling evenly between sweet potatoes by spooning a portion into the center of each potato.
- Serve with green onions and sour cream if desired.
Chicken and Waffles
- 4 ounces thinly sliced Oven Roasted Chicken Breast
- 1 prepared waffle
- 2 slices of cooked bacon, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of hot sauce
- 8 pickle slices
- Prepare the waffle per instructions.
- While the waffle is cooking, place the chicken slices and cooked bacon in a small sauté pan over medium heat and cook for approximately 4 minutes until the chicken is heated throughout and warmed.
- Place the waffle on the plate then top 2 tablespoons of butter and the chicken and bacon mixture.
- Pour the maple syrup over the waffle and sprinkle it with the hot sauce.
- Serve the pickle slices on the side.
Southwest Turkey Burrito Bowl
- 1 pound Oven Roasted Turkey Breast, thin-sliced ¼-inch julienne
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 1 cup sauteed onions
- 1 cup sauteed red peppers
- 1 cup prepared/store-bought Pico de Gallo
- 1 cup shredded jack cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup prepared/store-bought guacamole
- 1 cup tortilla strips
- Place 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large sauté pan.
- Add the sliced Oven Roasted Turkey Breast, onion, peppers and pico de gallo. Cook for approximately 4 minutes until the turkey begins to brown.
- Add the rice and cook for an additional 4 minutes until heated throughout. Evenly portion out into 4 bowls.
- Top each bowl with ¼ cup each of cheese, sour cream, guacamole, and tortilla strips.
- Serve with your favorite salsa or hot sauce for added flavor.
Asian Style Beef Noodle Bowl
- 1 pound thin-sliced Angus Seasoned Roast Beef, ¼-inch julienne slice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or toasted sesame oil
- 1 pound green beans cut into 2 inches
- 8 ounces sliced Shiitake Mushrooms
- 4 ounces shredded carrots
- 4 ounces red bell peppers, ¼-inch x 1-inch julienne strips
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 pound pre-cooked udon Noodles
- ½ cup bottled Asian sesame sauce
- ¼ cup rough chopped cilantro (garnish)
- Place vegetable oil or sesame oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the vegetables and cook until the green beans soften, approximately 8-10 minutes. In the last 2 minutes, add the garlic.
- Next, add the roast beef and udon noodles and cook for an additional 5 minutes to heat the noodles and beef throughout.
- Add the sauce to the pan and stir to evenly coat.
- Evenly distribute into 4 different bowls, garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with your favorite Sriracha sauce.
Ham & Pineapple Stir Fried Rice
- 1 pound Virginia Brand Smoked Uncured Ham, cut into ½-inch cubes (have the Deli slice into ½-inch slices)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or toasted sesame oil
- ½ cup yellow onions, ¼-inch dice
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup fresh or canned pineapple, ¼-inch dice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Place vegetable oil or sesame oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the ham, onions, peas, carrots, and pineapple to the pan. Cook until the onions are brown, and the pineapple begins to caramelize and brown, approximately 5- 8 minutes. The last 2 minutes of cooking, add the garlic.
- Add the rice and the eggs and cook an additional 3-4 minutes until the eggs scramble.
- Add the soy sauce and black pepper. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Evenly divide between 4 bowls and serve with your favorite Sriracha sauce for added flavor.