Ham & Pineapple Stir Fried Rice
- 1 pound Uncured Smoked Ham, cut into ½-inch cubes (have the Deli slice into ½-inch slices)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or toasted sesame oil
- ½ cup yellow onions, ¼-inch dice
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup fresh or canned pineapple, ¼-inch dice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Place vegetable oil or sesame oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the ham, onions, peas, carrots, and pineapple to the pan. Cook until the onions are brown, and the pineapple begins to caramelize and brown, approximately 5- 8 minutes. The last 2 minutes of cooking, add the garlic.
- Add the rice and the eggs and cook an additional 3-4 minutes until the eggs scramble.
- Add the soy sauce and black pepper. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Evenly divide between 4 bowls and serve with your favorite Sriracha sauce for added flavor.