Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 16 ounces Oven Roasted Chicken Breast, cut into ¼ inch strips, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium onion, about 1 cup chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 14.5 ounce canned diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 ounce can corn, drained
Crispy Chicken strips, crushed tortilla chips, sliced avocado, sour cream, queso fresco, green onion, cilantro and fresh limes
- In a large stockpot over medium heat melt 1 tablespoon butter, add onion and garlic; sauté until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes, chili powder, and cumin, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in black beans, corn, half of the chicken. Simmer for 10 minutes till heated through.
- Ladle soup into individual serving bowls, and garnish with crispy chicken strips and other desired toppings.
- To make Crispy Chicken Strips: In a large nonstick sauté pan melt butter over medium heat. Add chicken strips and cook stirring occasionally until golden and crispy about 10-15 minutes.