Chicken Cheese Soup
- 16 ounces Oven Roasted Chicken Breast, cut into strips, divided
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 stalk celery, diced about ¼ cup
- 1 medium onion, diced about 1 cup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 4 cups broccoli frozen, diced
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- 1 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add 1 cup of the chicken strips, cook stirring occasionally until golden and crispy about 10-15 minutes. Remove from pan and reserve.
- In the same pan, melt remaining 4 tablespoons of butter. Add celery and onion cooking until tender (7-8 minutes). Add the garlic and cook another 30 seconds.
- Pour in the broth slowly, stirring constantly until smooth, bring to a boil then reduce heat to low. Add the cream and simmer for about 20 minutes until thickened.
- Add the broccoli, carrots and remaining uncooked chicken strips. Simmer for 7-8 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat and stir in the 2 cups shredded cheese until melted and smooth. Add salt and pepper to season to your desired taste.
- Serve soup with reserved crispy chicken strips, additional shredded cheese and toasted bread if desired.