Waldorf Chicken Salad
- 8 ounces Oven Roasted Chicken Breast
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 1 cup red grapes
- ⅔ cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- Bibb or leaf lettuce leaves
- Lemon wedges
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise and lemon juice; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except chicken breast and lettuce leaves. Stir in mayonnaise mixture and toss to lightly combine.
- Line 4 individual salad plates with Bibb or leaf lettuce leaves. Divide salad mixture evenly among lettuce-lined salad plates.
- Arrange slices of chicken breast over salad mixture.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
- Nuts can be toasted ahead of time. Salad can be served on a lettuce-lined serving platter if desired. This salad also tastes great in a lettuce wrap.
- To serve on a bun: layer chicken and top with salad mixture on a toasted bun.
- To serve as an “arranged” salad: line plates with lettuce and arrange individual ingredients in sections on top of lettuce. Drizzle with mayonnaise-lemon juice mixture.