Serves: Makes 24 Poppers
Ham & Pickle Poppers
- 12 slices Uncured Smoked Ham, cut in half lengthwise
- 12 whole baby dill pickles
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium jalapeno, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper jelly or jalapeño jam, warmed slightly; additional warmed pepper jelly for serving if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cut pickles in half lengthwise; carefully scoop out the centers and pat pickles dry.
- In a medium bowl, combine softened cream cheese, cheddar cheese, jalapeño, and garlic powder; mix well.
- Transfer the cream cheese mixture into a resealable plastic bag. Snip the corner of the bag and pipe the cream cheese mixture into pickle halves.
- Wrap each pickle with a half slice of ham and secure with a toothpick.
- Place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Brush with 2 tablespoons warmed jam, if desired, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes until heated through.
- Serve immediately with additional jam, if desired.