Serves: 12 sliders
Ham & Cheese Sliders
- 1 16 ounce package Uncured Honey Ham
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 12 ounce package mini sweet butter buns
- 6 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- Raspberry jam for serving if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter with Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar and mustard until thoroughly melted and combined; Stir in poppy seeds. Set aside.
- Slice the entire package of rolls in half horizontally, keeping all of the bottom and top halves intact.
- Place bottom half of rolls into a lightly greased 9″ x 13″ baking dish. Layer sliced ham on bottom buns. Arrange cheese slices evenly over ham.
- Place roll tops on top of cheese. Brush melted butter mixture evenly over all. Cover pan with foil and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Bake at 350°F. covered, for 10 minutes; remove foil and bake 5-10 minutes longer, until lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Serve warm with warmed raspberry jam for dipping, if desired.
Tip: Sandwiches can be made the day before, covered and refrigerated until ready to bake. Add an additional 5 minutes of baking time while covered.