Simple Korean-style Roast Beef Bibimbap
- 8 ounces Angus Seasoned Roast Beef
- ¼ cup of low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 6 cups fresh spinach, loosely packed, cooked in microwave until wilted
- 2 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms, sautéed in 1 teaspoon of olive oil and season with 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- Banchan (mung bean sprouts, kimchi, etc.)
- 4 large eggs, cooked sunny side up or overeasy
- ½ cup bottled Gochujang sauce
- Start by marinating the roast beef. In a mixing bowl, place the brown sugar, soy, sesame oil and garlic powder. Stir until the brown sugar dissolves. Add the Angus Seasoned Roast Beef and mix until well coated. Allow to marinate for 2 hours minimum. Once the Angus Seasoned Roast Beef has marinated, cook in a sauté pan until heated through.
- Cook the rice and vegetables in order to begin to build the bowls. Evenly distribute cooked rice between 4 bowls followed by the cooked spinach, mushrooms, shredded carrots then the cooked roast beef in a circular pattern around the bowl.
- Place a cooked egg in the bowl.
- Add banchan to taste and drizzle with the Gochujang sauce, serve immediately.